Tuesday, November 16, 2010

.The Princess and the Toad.

This marks my official first "mommy blog" moment.

I honestly have no intention of this place becoming an avenue for my gushing about my wonderful kids. Not because I don't want to gush about them, but because this place is about something else.

Today, those two worlds collide. Recently, I have been having some struggles being a good Daddy. I have been frustrated, torn, and bothered. I cannot express to you how badly I want my son home. And, somehow in the midst of my journey to bring my son into his forever family, I allowed the frustration of paperwork, the tare of a missing family member, and the bothersome nature of waiting to seep into the time I have been given with my two beautiful children that are already living in their forever families.

I have been listening to Steven Curtis Chapman, and was struck by these lyrics and what they mean in regards to my two kids:

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms'
Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song'
Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...

It won't be long, and this season will be gone...

To my princess:
You are beautiful... The special little one that taught me what it first meant to want to hurt for someone else. You are the one that showed me how sacrifice can be something to treasure!

To my toad (b/c he looks so much like Toadstool from Mario):
Your compassion for others will never leave my mind... May I never forget that no matter how valued the prize, you would not take without making sure there was enough for Sissy!

God, give me the eyes to see the life you have granted me to live now.

Subscribe in a reader

No comments: