Wednesday, September 08, 2010

.Evidence of the Gospel.

I have been thinking through the reality that if my life is completely shaken by the Truth... it should look like it. So, this morning I took a peek at the first few chapters of Acts to see what should be true of me...

If the Gospel has changed me, I should...

  1. show evidence of the Holy Spirit's work in me.
  2. be a powerful witness of Christ in my community.
  3. be baptized by water in the name of Christ.
  4. praise God in word and song.
  5. live contently in simplicity.

God help me to remember... God, make me more and more attune to Your Gospel, and give me the strength to be shaken by Your Truth!

How about you? What evidences does the Text say you should show?

Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The husband and I used to be missionaries in China and.....it's a totally different experience that you have probably seen in Africa...but the depravity....and the loss is still the same. We have prayed for compassion for others...in our children and in us. That we would have compassion for others and hearts broken for the Gospel. He showed us in China how much life is.......lived. Each moment, young beleivers would gather in the name of Christ pray.....fast....and study the word....like there was no tomorrow. It was awesome...I only hope that our family can be as fervent in the word knowing life's brevity. Thanks for sharing on your blog...it's awesome