Tuesday, August 31, 2010

.Hope.

I have spent a lot of time here expressing my hurt for the realities of tons of people in desperate need, all over the world... I have reflected some of the world's most compassionate people and asked their burning questions.

Like this one:

"Do you believe that Jesus is worth abandoning everything for?
Do
you believe him enough to obey him and to follow him
wherever he leads, even when the crowds in our culture -maybe
even our churches- turn the other way?"
~David Platt

I have found myself crushed by the reality of my ridiculous perspectives of God. I have starred into the mirror of the Text and found myself struggling with this:

"The core problem isn’t the fact that we’re lukewarm, halfhearted,
or stagnant Christians. The crux of it all is why we are this way,
and it is because we have an inaccurate view of God. We see
Him as a benevolent
Being who is satisfied when people manage
to fit Him into their lives in some small way. We forget that God
never had an identity crisis. He knows that He’s great and
deserves to be the center of our lives."
~Francis Chan

But today, there is hope. I was informed that Into the Streets of Ethiopia, a ministry that God is burning onto my heart finally received a donation of 600 cans of formula.

So What?
So a child that may have died due to malnutrition can grow to be a child who is loved in a forever family that shares the Gospel with him/her, and that child can be held up by His Father who desperately wants to adopt Him into the family of God.

God, there is only One who can be exalted when nothing makes sense... You! May I never forget You... Use me.

Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Praising God right along side of you, Hon!!!