Tuesday, August 24, 2010

.Counter-Culture Club.

I'll tell you what's wrong with our culture...

We need men to rise up and build great homes. Men need to get back to being the protector of the home. If men would just work a little harder... you know get up a little earlier, got to bed a little later... make just a little bit more money.

If women would just cling to their husbands for security... If ladies could just be content with a few children, and nice little home. If they would just find their security in their loving husband...

We would all be OK... {You with me?}

Ahh the voice of the American Christian... {me.} Meet Psalm 127.

Unless the LORD builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.

In vain you rise early
and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat—
for he grants sleep to those he loves.

Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him.

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.

Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Five quick Truths for this Tuesday:
  1. God is the builder and protector of the home... all other options are vain {wicked}
  2. God provides work and grants rest... to constantly pursue more is wicked.
  3. God's rewards with {money, fame, fancy cars, nice clothes, etc.} Nope. Children.
  4. Parents role is {Builder, provider, protector} Nope. Warrior.
  5. The path to contentment is: {having the best stuff} Nope. Lots of kids!

Father, may I, today, be a warrior, willing to point my kids into dangerous circumstances, for Your glory, understanding that You are the builder of my home, You are the protector of my home, You are the one who rewarded me with my children... and You asked me to be a warrior willing to use my arrows in battle! Your glory, nothing else!!


Subscribe in a reader

No comments: